The Great Park: The Bee and Bosque
What are the current plans for the GREAT PARK? In this video from the Great Park Executive Director John Russo, he talks about six items:
- The American Museum of Natural History paid our City a visit
- The GP Ice Facility will have a grand opening
- City staff are in Sacramento this week to identify Veterans Cemetery funding options and next steps
- Wild Rivers Water Park is looking for alternative financing sources
- The California Fire Museum is re-engaged, and
- The Bee and Bosque open space is completed but held up until Five-Point signs off
Not included in this clip are public comments given by two residents. Their comments included:
- the need for a pool
- fewer tournaments and more resident use of all the GP fields
- more tot lots in the GP
- lack of public ice time at the new ice facility
Also suggested was a master plan for the Cultural Terrace build-out, a GP financial portal for all the relevant GP financial data, and consideration to have the GP meetings at a later time to allow more residents to attend.
Regular meetings of the Orange County Great Park Board occur on the fourth Tuesday of every month at 2:00 p.m. The next meeting is on March 26th.