5/7/19 Transportation Commission Highlights and 5/16/19 Planning Commission Highlights
Four plus Star Vacation Luxury Destination Getaway Is Coming To Irvine’s IBC
The Transportation Commission and Planning Commission approved the Banc Hotel and office tower to be located in the Irvine Business Complex (IBC). The mixed-use hotel and office project is on Teller Avenue and fronts Jamboree Road. The property is currently vacant and undeveloped. There are fifteen hotels now in the IBC. This new hotel will generate new hotel tax revenue dollars for the city.
- 11-story, 258-room hotel
- 9-level detached parking structure for 883 cars
- 143, 721 square feet of office space
- 11, 269 square feet of medical space
According to the applicant, John deVries, and his architect, Tom Bergerson, the hotel will feature a 1000-person rooftop lounge, pool and outdoor deck, a beautiful courtyard featuring entertainment venues and a spectacular aquarium. The hotel will also have a number of high-end specialty restaurants, a spa and a gym. The hotel will provide shuttle service to and from the John Wayne airport and will also feature valet parking services.
Approved transportation recommendations:
- New single driveway off Jamboree Road for right turns from/to southbound lane
- New Jamboree Road northbound left-turn lane
- Michelson Drive & Teller Ave video detection installation