Save the Racquet Club of Irvine! NO General Plan Amendment!
Irvine Watchdog supports our neighbors in their fight to preserve and protect existing Irvine Villages and recreational facilities. KB Home is seeking a General Plan Amendment to change the zoning of the Racquet Club of Irvine (RCI) from “Commercial Recreation to Medium-High Density Residential”.
Volunteers for Irvine Watchdog have heard from residents in the adjacent communities, as well as RCI members who live throughout Irvine and neighboring cities. Those that have reached out to us share great concern over the KB Homes application.
Here is the letter sent to residents who live within 500 feet of the parcel, along with a short list of “interested parties” and HOAs.Hello Neighbor Letter_190624
The City is seeking community input.
Ask City Leaders:
- Create a “City Council Resolution Affirming Existing General Plan and Zoning Code Land Use Designations for Planning Area 19 (Rancho San Joaquin)”
Irvine Residents and Voters:
- Support the efforts by your community, neighbors, and residents throughout Irvine.
- Speak up at the upcoming Planning Commission (1st & 3rd Thursday of each month @ 5:30pm) or City Council meeting (2nd & 4th Tuesday @4:00pm)
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org asking them to keep the General Plan as written! Do not allow this amendment to move forward!
- Sign the online petition: Click HERE to sign
- For continued updates, talking points or to make a donation visit SaveRCI.com
Attend Town Hall Meeting
Thursday, July 11, 2019
Time: 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Place: Rancho Senior Center, 3 Ethel Coplen Way, Irvine, California 92612