Packed Agenda Awaits Finance Commissioners
A long list of items awaits the Finance Commission when it meets this Monday, November 18, 2019 at 5:30 pm in the City Council Chamber. The City’s budget process operates on fiscal years that start July 1 and end on June 30. Particularly noteworthy agenda items are below. Click here for the Finance Commission Agenda.
Agenda Item 7: Re-integration of the Transportation function into the Public Works Department
- A recommendation that the City Council approve the re-integration of the Transportation function into the Public Works Department and a budget adjustment for the reallocation of positions.
Agenda Item 8: Audit of Great Park Funds
- An annual audit of the Great Park funds that is required as part of the OC Fiscal Transparency & Reforms Act. Click here for Audit Report.
Agenda Item 10: Capital Improvement Projects
- Multiple recommendations to the City Council for capital improvement projects and special funds allocations including funding for 145 ongoing City and Great Park capital projects ($200.4 million to FY 2019-20), and four new capital projects including one to renovate the Civic Center’s front lawn ($390,000). Agenda item 10. Click here for the Staff Report.
- Community Facility District (CFD) Annual Reports for the Great Park, Columbus Grove, Central Park.
Agenda Item 12: Budget Update on Revenue and Expenditures
- The first-quarter budget update on revenue and expenditures for this fiscal year 2019-2020 (Agenda Item 12).
Agenda Item 11: Year-End Budget Report
- The year-end budget report for 2018-2019 that provides an overview of the city’s past financial performance as compared to the budget, including staff recommendations to the City Council for several budget adjustments and one-time budget allocations for specific projects /programs previously approved by the City Council (Agenda item 11). Click here for the Staff Report.