Finance Commission Hears Economic Development UpdateEconomic Development
Economic Development Manager Kaitlyn Nguyen, provided her first update on the City’s economic development efforts during the November 18, 2019 Finance Commission meeting. The new position was created by City Manager Russo last year to help oversee City economic development efforts. Two items of note from the report:
The city is looking to recruit new tenants for City-owned properties including the OC Great Park, Irvine Transportation Center, and City Hall.
- American Museum of Natural History – Great Park
- Cultural and Trade Center Tenants – Great Park
- Cleaning Locker – on-site dry cleaners
- Fooda – on-site lunch service at City Hall
- Leading the newly formed Project Review Committee in the evaluation of proposals for City-owned properties – Mobile Qubes, CVS/Best Buy, Skyryse, the Cleaning Lockers, and the Heliport proposed at the Irvine Transportation Center.
With little discussion, the commission approved the re-integration of the Transportation function into the Public Works Department and approved millions of dollars for Capital Improvement projects and Special Fund expenditures and appropriations.
In other business, the first-quarter budget update for this fiscal year was presented. Click Budget Update to download the FY 2019-20 First Quarter Budget Report.