Traffic Improvements Update – University Drive / Ridgeline DriveUniversity_ISMND_Fig4_reduced
Two Capital Improvement projects are advancing and will help with the severe traffic congestion in this corridor: The University Drive widening project from Ridgeline Drive to the I-405, and the intersection improvements at University Drive and Ridgeline. Here is a brief project description and update.
University Drive Widening – Ridgeline to I-405
- The City proposes to widen eastbound University Drive from two to three lanes, from Ridgeline Drive to the southbound I-405 on-ramp. The project will include an on-street bike lane and off-street pedestrian & bike trail.
- The project is in the preliminary design phase & environmental clearance. However, the City is fast-tracking the planning & design of this project. For more information please read the Public Notice. The public review comment period ends 12/13/18.
University Drive/Ridgeline Drive – Intersection Improvements
- Add a third eastbound through lane on University and a second northbound right-turn lane on Ridgeline.
- Lengthen the westbound dual left-turn lanes on University.
- The design is completed and the City is now working out the right of way needs. Construction is expected in 2019.
judithGDecember 3, 2018 at 3:58 pm
I’ve been in contact with Melissa Dugan, the supervising Transportation Analyst on this project. If you are interested in more information the CIPs for each project are:
* University Drive and Ridgeline Drive/Rosa Drew Lane Intersection Improvement Project: CIP 311504
* University Drive Widening Improvements -Ridgeline Drive toI-405 Project: CIP # 311803
I am working on setting up a meeting with the City on these projects for early next week. We must meet next week to accommodate the Dec 13 public comment deadline. If you are site on a community HOA or would like to be kept informed on these projects and/or attend the meeting please RSVP: https://goo.gl/forms/rfo4DerQmzkaTC6l2
Comments are closed.